USSD is standard GSM technology supported by all GSM handsets. It is session-based and supports longer message content up to 182 alphanumeric characters in length. Secure and cost-effective, sessions can be initiated by both end-users and enterprises. The connection remains open, allowing a two-way exchange of a sequence of data. This makes USSD potentially more responsive than services that use SMS, if a real-time interaction is desired.
USSD messages are not stored, which makes them an excellent component of authentication and security solutions. USSD technology can help businesses improve security, as well as increase their reach and engagement opportunities, as it is available regardless of the end-user’s mobile phone type and generation.
The initiation of the communication can either be USSD-PUSH (Mobile Terminated & Provider Originated) or a USSD-PULL (Mobile Originated & Provider Terminated). USSD works using a connection oriented HTTP API between our USSD gateway and your application.
Your clients don’t need to install anything and still you can reach them in real time on any kind of mobile phone.
With our integration interfaces (APIs), customer applications can be quickly and efficiently integrated into our USSD gateway.
- Compatible with features phones and smart phones
- A fast communication between the application and the user
- Near instant delivery
- Free to end users
- More interactive as compared to SMS
- Suitable for sensitive info like one-time password
- Works on all existing GSM mobile phones
- Mobile booking / redemption service to acquire more customers
- No internet connection is required
- Improve user experience by reducing the latency delays
- More characters are allowed in a USSD message
Features of USSD:
- USSD is session oriented in real time and thus users receive response immediately
- Turnaround response times are faster because it is not a store and forward service like SMS
- USSD supports menu based applications, allowing more user interaction
- Interactive navigation allows faster two-ways messaging services and navigation
- Incoming messages are of flash type and cannot be stored in phones
For more information about our USSD solutions, please talk to our Sales Consultant today. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08023029851
- HTTP API 95%
- Bulk SMS 98%
- Transactional SMS 97%
- USSD 85%
- Customer Support 90%